1. What you put out comes back all the time, no matter what. (This is my creed.)
2. You define your own life. Don’t let other people write your script.
3. Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power.
4. When people show you who they are, believe them the first time. (A lesson from Maya Angelou.)
5. Worrying is wasted time. Use the same energy for doing something about whatever worries you.
6. What you believe has more power than what you dream or wish or hope for. You become what you believe.
7. If the only prayer you ever say is thank you, that will be enough. (From the German theologian and humanist Meister Eckhart.)
8. The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give.
9. Failure is a signpost to turn you in another direction.
10. If you make a choice that goes against what everyone else thinks, the world will not fall apart.
11. Trust your instincts. Intuition doesn’t lie.
12. Love yourself and then learn to extend that love to others in every encounter.
13. Let passion drive your profession.
14. Find a way to get paid for doing what you love. Then every paycheck will be a bonus.
15. Love doesn’t hurt. It feels really good.
16. Every day brings a chance to start over.
17. Being a mother is the hardest job on earth. Women everywhere must declare it so.
18. Doubt means don’t. Don’t move. Don’t answer. Don’t rush forward.
19. When you don’t know what to do, get still. The answer will come.
20. “Trouble don’t last always.” (A line from a Negro spiritual, which calls to mind another favorite: This, too, shall Pass!!!
Let me just say, relationships are hard these days whether you’re Christian or not. But one would think that being a Christian would eliminate most of the problems we normally face in relationships right? WRONG!
Here are the Top 5 Reasons Christian Relationships Fail:
Because we met them in church, they’re a ministry leader, or a man/ woman who loves the Lord, we expect for them to be perfect which is an unrealistic expectation. The key to any successful relationship is having realistic expectations and boundaries. Communicate your expectations and boundaries to each other. Understand that even Christians make mistakes. We are not perfect. Make sure you’re not building a pedestal no one can Reach.
Think of your emotions as a wound, and that your emotions need time to heal just as much as an actual cut would. It goes without saying that baggage will always affect your relationship at some point. Unless you learn to deal with it in a healthy way, it will manifest itself in your relationship in one way or another. Take time to heal. Don’t expect your next relationship to heal you. Take time to heal. You owe it to yourself, yourself future spouse, and God!
“Why are you single?” “You still haven’t found a man yet?” “So you’re just content with being alone for the rest of your life?” Our loved ones may mean well, but it’s comments/ questions like these that can leave single folks feeling less than. It can be hard being the only single chick in your circle, I get it! But don’t rush into a relationship looking for validation. Wait on God! Be patient.
A lot of people get into relationships thinking they can change or save someone. We set out to try to make this person “see the light”, make this person who we want them to be instead of accepting them for who they really are. We try to make them desire Christ as much as we do. Which is good in theory but not in reality. If you meet someone, you’re attracted to them, but the two of you are not equally yoked, there are ways that you can minister to that person without being romantically involved with that person. Let them evolve into the Christian God need to be before you become emotionally vested in a relationship that was built on a shaky foundation to begin with . Until then, guard your heart.
Settling/ Avoiding red flags
Sometimes we stay in a bad relationship way too long and we allow ourselves to endure heartache that very well could have been avoided had we had paid attention to the red flags. Red flags are God’s warning signs for what’s to come. Many of us ignore these warnings and then suffer later. If God is showing you who this person is, take heed. If something is unsettling about this person, pay attention . Pray for discernment, but you must also be willing to accept God’s answer even if it’s not the one you’re looking for.
For many are called, but few are chosen.”-Matthew 22:14
When you are chosen or selected by God, your life will go through a series of tests and trials to prepare you for your God-given purpose. It is not to scare you or deter you but to place you on the right path God has designed specifically for your life. There are a few things you should know and expect as a chosen vessel of God.
1) You are not your own:
When you dedicate your life to God, you are surrendering your will to His will for your life. You become a vessel for God to use to accomplish His specific task. Your body becomes His temple, therefore, there are certain things that we should steer away from such as sin. These things can cause harm or even disconnect us from the spirit of God operating fully in our lives.
“Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?”- 1 Corinthians 6:19
2) Tests and Trials will not consume you
Don’t find it strange if you are living according to God’s word and it seems like everything around you is falling apart. Sometimes God needs to bring us to a place where all we can do is trust and depend on Him. Know that God is in complete control and whatever you are going through will not consume you. It will only bring you closer to God so He can reveal His purpose for your life.
“Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you;” – I Peter 4:12
3) Count it all Joy
Praising God during a storm proves to God that you trust Him. I tell the Lord all the time, God I may not understand but I know that you are working this out for my good (Romans 8 : 28), therefore I choose to praise you. Sometimes praise is the only thing left. When all you have left is your praise, you are closer than you think to your purpose. When your back is against the wall, lift up your hands in worship because that wall is about to come down just like the wall of Jericho.
“Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.“- James 1:2-3
The chosen life is not a simple life. If you are looking for a problem free life then you are not ready to be used by God. He needs strong soldiers that aren’t afraid of the devil and will fight to bring down his kingdom! God has nothing but greatness in store for you (Jeremiah 29:11) . Be strong and of good courage knowing that you are part of “a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;” – I Peter 2:9
Let Your Faith Remind You Today and Everyday, That No Matter What Lies Ahead of You…God is already there Working On Your Behalf!!! So don’t get Worked Up over things God Is Gonna Work Out!!!